ISP inbound failover without BGP

Eric A Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 04:49:21 UTC 2014

Honestly?  Because the end-customers are not technically competent enough to run dual-homed BGP, and we don't want to be their managed service providers on the IT side.  And announcing the AT&T space is fine until something goes wrong, and I have to troubleshoot the problem (Customer - "How come AT&T is down, and we're not getting inbound traffic to our servers?", and I discover L3 or CenturyLink isn't accepting my advertisement for some weird reason, but they won't fess up to it for a few frustrating hours)