Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jun 19 22:29:00 UTC 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 11:48 , Harald Koch <chk at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 19 June 2014 14:07, Daniel Ankers <md1clv at md1clv.com> wrote:
>

>> How does it use those 6 /64s?  That seems to be getting towards the
>> interesting times where the way devices work with v6 is very different to
>> how they would have worked with v6
>>

> Bridging between (slow) 802.11 and (fast) ethernet is hard to do right, so
> CeroWRT configures all interfaces as separate LANs and routes between them
> instead. It does this on the IPv4 side too; it's not specific to IPv6.
>
> This breaks a lot of things (like Apple Bonjour), so I'm not convinced it's
> a *useful* technique for home networks.

Bonjour can be fixed for the IPv6 environment simply by changing it's packets
to be sent to ff05::... instead of ff02::...

I presume that the CeroWRT (and any other properly functioning router) can be
configured so that ff05:: packets are delivered to all interfaces within the site
however the administrator defines "within the site".

Owen