question about bogon prefix

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Tue Jun 10 13:26:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Robert Drake <rdrake at direcpath.com> wrote:

<snip>

> My guess is one of two things.  Maybe they renumbered out of the /20 but
> left a VPN server up and haven't managed to migrate off it yet, but they
> have asked to return the block.. or, they forgot to pay their bill to ARIN
> and the block has been removed from whois but Qwest isn't as diligent
> because they're still being paid.

This brings up a good point which came to mind recently.

What process(es) do folks use for cases where an address block and/or ASN
seems no longer have whois info associated (eg. where authorization to use
may have been revoked)?
Do the RIRs have a process for notifying the community or at least the
upstream providers that something has changed?

Thanks for insight from the community.

Tony