Carrier Grade NAT

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:53:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> In message <CAMfXtQwmpEqBk9CKRq2MpW15tRcuicZ_3DoJUsTBAM4=50319A at mail.gmail.com>, Gary Buhrmaster writes:

>> > That would be nice, but I’m not 100% convinced that it is true.
>>
>> For the 99.99% of the users who believe that facebook and twitter
>> *are* the internet, at least facebook is IPv6 enabled.  50.00%(*)!
>>
>> Yes, I think we can all stipulate that those participating
>> on this list are different, and have different expectations,
>> and different capabilities, than those other 99.99%.
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> (*) If we are going to make up statistics, four significant
>> digits looks better than one.
>
> Enable IPv6 at home and measure the traffic.  I did, which is why
> I say > 50%.

Orange Poland deployed 464XLAT on mobile and is seeing 62% native IPv6
and 38% NAT64 (slide 26)

http://www.data.proidea.org.pl/plnog/12edycja/day2/track4/01_ipv6_implementation.pdf

I don't have good measurements on this, but i assume the 11 million
464XLAT subscribers on T-Mobile US show a similar profile, possibly
higher due to Netflix now supporting IPv6 on Android.

CB