Carrier Grade NAT

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Tue Jul 29 22:58:11 UTC 2014

On 7/29/2014 6:42 PM, Matt Palmer wrote:
> Of course, getting anything back*out*  of that again in any sort of
> reasonable timeframe would be... optimistic.  I suppose if you're storing it
> all in hadoop you can map/reduce your way out of trouble, but that's going
> to mean a lot of equipment sitting around doing nothing for 99.99% of the
> time.  Perhaps mine litecoin between searches?
The timestamp is a natural index.  You shouldn't need to run a
distributed query for finding information about a specific incident.
You would have to write your own custom tools to access and manage the
db, so that's just impractical.  The timestamp as well as most of the
other fields should be fairly easily compressible since most of the bits
are the same.  You might as well use a regular plaintext logfile and
gzip it.