Connectivity issue between Verizon and Amazon EC2 (NTT issue?)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jul 24 16:51:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 06:31:06 -0700, Ca By said:

> Fooled me once shame on you. Fooled me twice... Dont by service from
> companies that allow peering wars to happen at paying customers expense
> (verzon, cogent, ...)

There's one coax coming into my domicile, and the owner of the other end
of the cable isn't ripping me off *too* much, and the service pretty much
works as advertised.

There's one pair of twisted copper coming to a punchdown block just outside,
and neither the owner of the copper or their competitors seem to be motivated
to provide a DSL package I consider really acceptable.

Now, there's at least one DSL provider that has an offering that I could
deal with if the owner of the cable was in fact unable to deliver the service,
but under these conditions I'm not feeling very motivated to change providers
to make a political statement....