Netflix To Cogent To World

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 00:27:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Who's gonna depeer Cogent *now*?

Probably noone....... at least not without compromising and first
peering with Netflix.

It would be interesting if Google, Wikimedia, CBS/ABC, CNN, Walmart,
Espn, Salesforce, BoFa, Weather.com, Dropbox, Paypal, Netflix,
Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Yahoo, Ebay, Wordpress.com,
Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Reddit, Forbes, Zillow,   formed a
little club and said

"OK, Tier1.. providers.. we're not paying you guys for transit
anymore; your customers want our stuff  and will consider their
internet service DOWN if they can't get it.   You are going to pay us
for a fast lane to our content now.  If you want it,  please start
sending us your bids, now."

--
-JH