Muni Fiber and Politics

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 23:47:24 UTC 2014

On 7/23/2014 10:24 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Funny story.  There are a huge number of independent telcos in Iowa. The
> reason: early on, farmers discovered that you could turn pairs of barbed
> wired strands into party lines.  Things developed from there.

In California in the 1960s Pacific had tariffs for un-francised
territories for "toll stations" and "farmer lines"--the later often
terminating at a small cord board.

I recall taking a clearance from a repairman as "somebody left the gate
open".

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: