[OPINION] Best place in the US for NetAdmins

Nolan Rollo nrollo at kw-corp.com
Tue Jul 22 23:20:25 UTC 2014

I've been trying to decide for a while what makes a good home for a Network Admin... access to physical, reliable upstream routes? good selection of local taverns? What, in your opinion, makes a good location for a Network Admin and where in the US would you find that?

Also, I'd like to introduce myself [[ o/ ]] I've been watching the list for a while now and have found it helpful with picking up some "best practices", getting use-case scenarios you might not see in text books. I attended Michigan Tech for Computer Networking and System Administration and have been bouncing around for a couple of years trying to find my calling. I've been working a lot with VoIP and that's been my interest ever since middle school. I've been mainly playing with stub networks for most of my life but have recently started working with larger routed networks, leading me to subscribe to the NANOG list. My latest endeavor was acquiring and ASN and a /24 from ARIN and multihoming a very small MSP. I've been fortunate enough to have really sharp mentors to help answer any questions I've had along the way. I know there must be quite a few people like myself that are lurking on the list and I just wanted to thank you guys for answering other questions and providing input on topics that have come through the list.

TL;DR: Hi, see subject