Muni Fiber and Politics

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jul 21 19:31:16 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Scott Helms <khelms at zcorum.com>
> wrote:
> > I am equally certain that some there
> > were some folks, perhaps lawyers, who said this gives us a better
> > position to argue from if we need to against Netflix.
>
> wasn't this part of the verizon network specifically NOT the red part
> in the verizon blog?
> (so I'm unclear how this change is in any way related to
> verizon/netflix issues)

I made the argument, so I'll clarify.

One of the arguments which was put up for why this was Verizontal's problem
was that they should have *understood* that if they deployed an eyeball
network which was *by design* asymmetrical downhill, that that's how
their peering would look too -- asymmetrical incoming; the thing they're
complaining about now.

Cheers,
-- jra