ESPN worldcup streaming traffic

Hugo Slabbert hslabbert at stargate.ca
Sun Jul 13 21:28:08 UTC 2014

The Argentina semi-final on Thursday had us at about 300% of our regular
daytime peaks; other preceding games were closer to about 200%.  We don't have
any residential connections, just business, so today's (weekend) game didn't
really register much.

In terms of other streamed events:  The men's hockey final in the Winter
Olympics beat this pretty soundly for our stats, at about 500% of regular
daytime peaks...but then again, we have a Canadian market after all!  The
streaming in both cases was through CBC via Akamai, coming in over a
combination of Akamai peering and caches.

--
Hugo