Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 01:20:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
[snip]
> At the ISPs expense, including connectivity to a peering point. Most content
> providers pay Akamai, Netflix wants ISPs to pay them. Hmmm....

Netflix own website indicates otherwise.
https://www.netflix.com/openconnect

"ISPs can directly connect their networks to Open Connect for free.
ISPs can do this either by free peering with us at common Internet
exchanges, or can save even more transit costs by putting our free
storage appliances in or near their network."

--
-JH