Will a single /27 get fully routed these days?

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Jan 27 03:15:55 UTC 2014

> I don't see ARIN recognizing bogus transfers in the registry -- if the
> transfer policy wasn't followed, then no transfer occurred.

I expect the party that paid good money for the address space, and the
party who they paid, and their respective attorneys, will strenously
disagree with you, but as I noted, there's other places to discuss this.

> Another answer for end users may well be.... instead of accepting /28s into
> your table:  implement IPv6 instead,  so you are not needing IPv4  to
> connect to these networks that have deployed IPv6 and are requiring the /28
> for a special IPv4 to IPv6 transition purpose.

Yeah, yeah, we did that, we have buttloads of V6 space, but we need this
stuff to work now, not in 2025.

I'm fully dual stack both at home (T-W native) and on my servers (HE
tunnel to my LAN), and v6 is still painfully flaky.  Just this afternoon,
my home network started acting like someone had poured glue into it,
because of an internal T-W routing screwup so that my router was reachable
over v6, but the /64 they assign to my home network wasn't.  When I turned
off v6, everything worked just dandy again.  Now the v6 routing seems to
be OK, until the next time it happens.

Re the /28 with no enclosing space, see the PS to my previous note you
seem to have missed.

Regards,