Opensource tools for inventory and troubleticketing

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jan 24 21:22:21 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Octavio Alfageme" <palaemon at palaemon.es>

>  we are starting to need a better inventory of services and network
> resources and better troubleticketing procedures. We can not afford acquiring
> complicated and expensive tools at present time.I would be grateful if
> you could recommend me opensource tools to cover these needs.

Yeah, it was about time for this thread again.

My networks are smaller than yours, but I have found that you can stretch
Bugzilla a lot farther as a ticketing system than it's software development
roots might suggest.  It handles workflow, to a degree, and is pretty easy
to learn.

If you can't, RT is pretty nice, though quite a bit more complex.  It used
to have an asset tracking snap-on, but I don't know what the status of that
is now that the main package has revved to 4.0.

Cheers,
-- jra