IXP + government transparency report

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:21:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As well as being first to be open-ix certified, I think LINX hit a second
> > first that is as interesting;
> >

> https://www.linx.net/service/publicpeering/novafiles/nova-usgov-reports.html
>
> …and is this function being conducted completely without dependencies
> inside the U.S.?

Bill,

 OIX certified organizations must provide an accurate and monthly report on
Government Information Requests and actions taken related to the requests.
You can see an example here http://xmission.com/transparency

With regards to Patriot 215 and FISA 701, there are recommendations for
warrant canaries. Obviously, much trickier.

I think the point is about leadership and taking small, but giant, steps. I
hope that everyone in the infrastructure follows this lead and does exactly
the same thing.

Best,

-M<