turning on comcast v6

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 6 17:10:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 09:44:32 -0600, Leo Bicknell said:

> "mandate" isn't the right description.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6059
>
> There is a ~3 year old _proposed standard_ for the behavior you describe.

I'll make the case that if a "router" becomes unable to forward packets
because it has lost its uplink or connection to another subnet (so it's now
homed on only one subnet), that's a router-to-host transition.

RFC2461, sections 6.2.4 and 6.2.5 discuss the case of a router becoming
a host - and it includes "thou shalt cease blabbing the RAs after a
suitable amount of time".  And that's a heck of a lot older than 3 years.