Peering issue - Possible Juniper to Cisco issue

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Feb 28 17:11:46 UTC 2014

On Fri Feb 28, 2014 at 08:58:02AM -0800, Philip Lavine wrote:
> I had no sync on and a prefix list so I was advertising only one route. Even
> though I hard reset the session on my end the Telco for some reason kept
> seeing me send the routes. I finally called them and had them reset their end
> and the session came up right away.

This sounds like you tripped a Max-Prefix limit by advertising too many
prefixes at some point (maybe when you first configured the session, when
it's easy for the session to come up before you've configured the prefix list).

Once you've tripped Max-Prefix, you won't be able to establish a new connection
to them until they reset their end.

Simon