SIP on FTTH systems

Anders Löwinger anders at abundo.se
Sat Feb 8 03:57:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-07 07:14, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> and for IPv6 it's easily solvable by not announcing an on-link network so they
> won't even try to communicate directly with each other but instead everything
> is routed via the ISP upstream router and then down again to the other
> customer CPE/computer.

I'm curious on the details:

1)

Do you give the client 64 bit using RA (with the A and L bit cleared), 64 bit
using DHCPv6, then force the traffic through the default since on-link is not set?

Has there been any test if modern operating systems honor this?

(I've seen some firewalls doing this, not sure it was by design, they changed
the default in later code)

2)
Do you only use link-local on the customer port, and use a L3 CPE & DHCP-PD?

Always a learning experience reading Nanog....

/Anders