carrier comparison

Martin Hotze m.hotze at hotze.com
Thu Feb 6 17:09:58 UTC 2014

> My questions are:
>
> -          Will we be sacrificing quality if we spring for Cogent?
> (yesterday's Cogent/Verizon thread provided some cold chills for my spine)

Jehova!

Popcorn!

 :-)

We used Cogent for some time. We dropped them, but not for poor quality (au contraire) but for other more complex reasons. IMHO, Cogent is far better than many say (any many of them only from 'knowledge' from word of mouth), Cogent has some oddities that you have to deal with, yust like with almost all other transit providers. Having said that: I don't want to be single homed again.

hth, martin