Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Dec 11 16:05:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:30:00 -0800, "Bob Evans" said:

> However, I have not studied these new Docsis modems. So how do I shut the
> xfinitywifi SSID?

Motorola Surfboard, Netgear WNDR3800, reflash the 3800 with cerowrt. Done.

And you get less bufferbloat in the bargain.

(Though the 3800 runs into CPU limits around 60mbits/sec - doesn't bother
me, as my 20/5 plan is plenty for me except when my cats decide to start
binging on funny people videos.  But if you've got leads on gear that will
still have CPU headroom in the 100-200mbit range, contact Dave Taht. :)