ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Dec 4 21:00:18 UTC 2014

This pig is less aerodynamic, and fewer people are pushing.

In-addr DNS and whois are simple and well-understood protocols, with many programmer-years of software development behind them.

The problem isn't the marginal cost of a single transaction, that might only be one or two orders of magnitude higher. The problem is the overhead cost of trying to force a poorly-architected system into a semblance of production-quality.  If you want something that anyone can _actually rely upon_, that's a precursor to doing the incremental transactions.

                -Bill