So Philip Smith / Geoff Huston's CIDR report becomes worth a good hard look today

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Aug 13 00:49:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:06 PM, McElearney, Kevin <
Kevin_McElearney at cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> http://www.zdnet.com/internet-hiccups-today-youre-not-alone-heres-why-70000
> 32566/
>
> "According to NANOG, and complaints tracker DownDetector, many Internet
> providers — including Comcast, Level3, AT&T, Cogent, Sprint, Verizon, and
> others — have suffered from serious performance problems at various times
> on Tuesday.”
>
> While we had a few multi-homed customers have problems with their routers,
> we did not see anything in the core.  Is this just a ZDNET reporting error?
>
>         - Kevin

Unless you guys are miraculously managing to terminate
Nx100G bundles into 6509s with Sup2 or sup3s, I would
be really, really surprised if this even made it on your
radar.  Chalk it up to poorly-researched reporting.

And if you *are* handling Nx100G bundles on 6509s,
please contact me off-list, I need to get the details on
your source for magic router pixie dust.   ;)

Matt