Dealing with abuse complaints to non-existent contacts

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Aug 10 17:08:02 UTC 2014

>My e-mail bounced back from both recipients. Once being rejected by filter
>and the other because the e-mail address doesn't exist. I would have
>thought that contact details are rather important to be up to date, or not?

Opinions vary.  Some providers would rather just cash the customers'
checks and not waste valuable staff time on complaints in languages
they can barely read.

After you block all traffic from the network (in my experience, if
they have bogus contacts, they have nothing of interest to say), you
might send a note to APNIC telling them that they might want to note
that those contacts are invalid.

R's,
John