Muni Fiber and Politics

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Aug 5 18:10:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:34 AM, mcfbbqroast . <bbqroast at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with this, a monopoly is ok if the government regulates it properly
> and effectively.
>
> I'm a fan of either:
>
> Dark fibre to every house.
>
> Fiber to every house with a soft handover to the ISP.
>
> All ran by an entity forbidden from retail.

Nonononono, bad plan. I want a fiber from my home to my storefront on
main street, but I'm a consumer not a retailer so I can't buy just
one? Or hey, so sorry but the cable MuniFiber ran to your home is
under contract to XYZ corp. They have to release it before we at ABC
corp can provide you service.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?