Question for service providers regarding tenant use of public IPv4 on your infrastructure

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Apr 29 03:35:43 UTC 2014

On Apr 28, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Cliff Bowles <Cliff.Bowles at apollo.edu> wrote:

> Or do ISPs put some level of security between their tenants and the internet to prevent this? I've been told that the majority do not have any intelligent filtering beyond bogon-lists.

Flow telemetry export/collection/analysis for detection/classification/traceback (there are several open-source tools), S/RTBH or flowspec to squelch outbound badness.  Plus all the usual BCPs:

<https://app.box.com/s/4h2l6f4m8is6jnwk28cg>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton