DMARC -> CERT?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:43:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
>> The obvious ones would have been to announce a flag day somewhere far enough
>> in advance to give list software devs time to adapt, and to work with list
>> software devs on a solution.
>
> where would they communicate this?
> on the blog that matt pointed at?
> in bgp announcements?
> err... homepage?

What they should have done is followed their (the dmarc spec authors,
of which one works for Yahoo) own advice that dmarc wasn't for domains
with users.   But, hey, we all know it's hard to get good tech press
by simply sponsoring and spec'ing a backend tech solution for some
dark corner of the internet.

-Jim P.