Anternet

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Apr 7 09:54:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:44:05AM -0500,
 Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote
 a message of 9 lines which said:

> http://kottke.org/14/04/the-anternet

But what is the equivalent of 3-way handshake? And of ECN (ants
carrying back messages "I still bring food but it won't last")? And
the security implications (what prevent bad ants to disrupt the
mechanism: ants did not invent random ISNs)? Is there a source quench
mechanism or did the ants deprecate it long before RFC 6633? And what
is the size of the initial window?  Should we cancel all patents
related to TCP because there is prior ant art? Many questions
unanswered.