BGPMON Alert Questions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 3 13:15:14 UTC 2014

On Thursday, April 03, 2014 02:51:20 PM Randy Bush wrote:

> you want revenge or to prevent the effects of recurrence?

I'd like to consider targeted suggestions for fixes that
address the specific challenges affecting "seasoned"
upstreams vs. their downstream customers.

I can understand how an ISP with relatively little
experience can mess this up (and glad to help here to
educate wherever possible). But if an "established" provider
is still struggling with this, why is that?

> one nice thing about origin validation is that anyone who
> validates anywhere on the internet can reject the
> mis-origination(s).

+1.

Mark.