BGPMON Alert Questions

Andrew (Andy) Ashley andrew.a at aware.co.th
Wed Apr 2 19:33:33 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am a network admin for Aware Corporation AS18356 (Thailand), as
mentioned in the alert.
We operate a BGPMon PeerMon node on our network, which peers with the
BGPMon service as a collector.

It is likely that AS4761 (INDOSAT) has somehow managed to hijack these
prefixes and CAT (Communications Authority of Thailand AS4651) is not
filtering them,
hence they are announced to us and are triggering these BGPMon alerts.

I have had several mails to our NOC about this already and have responded
directly to those.
I suggest contacting Indosat directly to get this resolved.
AS18356 is a stub AS, so we are not actually advertising these learned
hijacked prefixes to anyone but BGPMon for data collection purposes.

Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew Ashley

Office: +27 21 673 6841