Internet Surveillance and Boomerang Routing: A Call for Canadian Network Sovereignty

<"tei''>> oscar.vives at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 01:54:28 UTC 2013

On 7 September 2013 18:09, Dobbins, Roland <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2013, at 4:08 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>
>> As a result, these transmissions expose Canadians to potential U.S. surveillance activities – a violation of Canadian network sovereignty."
>
> Yes, far better to keep those communications within Canada - where CSEC can hand them over to GCHQ, who'll then hand them over to NSA . . .

But I don't think every secret service have installed his own
backdoors in all popular software and protocols.

And the NSA can't share these backdoors/weakness with all his
"friends", because if you tell a secret to everyone, it stop being a
secret. The existence and nature of these backdoors will be revealed,
and the affected software will fix them.

So probably the NSA works like  Wall-Mart Secrets.  And they sell
secrets,   100.000$ for a list of human rights activist,   2 millions
for the emails of the leaders of the opposition.

ℱin del ℳensaje.