Yahoo is now recycling handles

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Sep 5 04:47:28 UTC 2013

> I've got to apologize publicly to Yahoo! here as part of my issue was my =
> own stupidity.  It appears in the past I've had multiple Yahoo! ID's and =
> I was trying to use the wrong one, one that may have gone away a long =
> time ago, rather than my still active ID.  Some helpful people at Yahoo =
> got me straightened out on that point.  My apologies for disparaging =
> Yahoo! when it was my own fault.

Error or not, the recycling problem's real.  I find myself having received
some sales figures for a Jiffy Lube chain somewhere, and I have to assume
that there will be a lot of instances where set-and-forget users have
supplied their Yahoo address to business partners, financial institutions,
etc. and who will continue to send confidential mail to the recycled
address.

... JG