IRC SASL Auth borked over Sprint 4G

Sam Moats sam at circlenet.us
Wed Oct 16 16:12:16 UTC 2013

We had an IBM Proventia IPS system on one network that I was
responsible for. Despite our best configuration efforts it insisted on
sending TCP resets to both sides with the counterparties IP address in
the source whenever we tried SASL. I never did get a firm answer as to
why. Perhaps it's a similar issue?
Sam Moats