Inventory and workflow management systems

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:05:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Justin M. Streiner
<streiner at cluebyfour.org> wrote:

> I haven't looked lately to see what's out there, but I'd imagine there *has*
> to be something.

I bet this is a market/cost thing... there are ~100 people who want
this? it's going to take a few million in SWE resources to build, and
probably recovery of that expense is going to be difficult :(

> I can understand why many telcos ended up building their own systems,
> because many of them use(d) different or home-grown
> provisioning/billing/plant management/trouble ticketing systems, and
> different back-end systems in general, making a one-size-fits-all solution
> tough to do.

this MOSTLY gets to the ins/outs formats, right? 'billing system at
$TELCO requires CSV output' (or something) and telco folk don't always
like to think about 'standards'.