ISIS and OSPF together

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Sun May 12 17:49:46 UTC 2013

Subject: ISIS and OSPF together Date: Sun, May 12, 2013 at 02:11:37PM +0530 Quoting Glen Kent (glen.kent at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I would like to understand the scenarios wherein the service
> provider/network admin might run both ISIS and OSPF together inside their
> network. Is this something that really happens out there?

Indeed; one of the more sane situations might be to have say anycast
name servers or full-service resolvers in the network and having them
talk OSPF to the first hop router. ISIS daemons on PC operating systems
are scarce, working ones hardly exist.

It is clear, though, that the path forward is ISIS; most people I've
spoken to roll it out (in greenfield/forklift situations) or migrate to it.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668