BGP Route Recorder suggestions

Ben Bartsch uwcableguy at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:08:23 UTC 2013

Hi all:

I am curious what you RENs out there are using for BGP (and IGP) route
recording.  We did a demo of Packet Design's Route Explorer.  While I loved
the functionality and ease of use, we simply can not afford it.  I am
attracted to iBGPlay since we use the BGPlayer at routeviews all the time,
but I can't seem to get a privacy statement from the software authors.

Any other (cheap) route recorders out there?  Any recommendations on what
y'all are using that you like / don't like?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-ben