BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Mar 28 04:56:53 UTC 2013

On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> Actually, I do know someone who is in the "digital insurance" (for lack of a better term) business, and although I just met them a few weeks ago, somehow I get the feeling  that it is a growth industry.

I think this concept applies to traditional insurers, as well as newer tech-focused insurers, as they're all potentially on the hook for payouts due to business-disrupting events of all sorts - including DDoS-induced losses.

Perhaps your friend can provide some insight and/or pointers on this general topic?  Ideally, it would be a Good Thing to engage with the various actuarial organizations in order to brief them at properly-calibrated level of detail in order to educate them on this topic, followed by engagement with specific insurers.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton