Open Resolver Problems

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Mar 26 15:38:20 UTC 2013

On 26/03/2013 15:06, Alain Hebert wrote:
>     And why not targeting all that animosity to the peers allowing
> source IP spoofing?

I do - and I gave a bunch of talks in europistan over the last 12 months
which included explicit encouragement, practice and configuration for
implementing BCP38 as part of real-time black hole system deployment.

>     DNS Servers don't attack you, people letting their customers spoof
> source IP do.

DNS amp packets attack me.  Please stop them from leaving your network, and
I will both implement BCP38 and encourage others to do so. Thank you.

Nick