[c-nsp] DNS amplification

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Mon Mar 18 09:26:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

> First of all, multihomed sites with its own global routing
> table entries bloats the global routing table, which is the
> major cause of global routing table bloat and is not acceptable.

Sorry, but that is false. Looking at the CIDR report (http://www.cidr-report.org/as2.0/#Gains) the routing table could shrink from 449k to 258k just by aggregating announcements. That's a reduction of 42.5%. I can't see how multihomed end-site announcements can be worst than that... There would almost be no routing table left ;-)

Anyway... Drifting off-topic for this thread.
Sander