Google's QUIC

Darius Jahandarie djahandarie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 14:27:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Grzegorz Janoszka <Grzegorz at janoszka.pl> wrote:
> I am surprised nobody mentioned security issues. To minimize latency the
> following would be best: the client sends one UDP packet and receives
> stream of UDP packets with page code, styles, images and whatever else
> could be needed. The waiting time is just RTT plus browser processing.
>
> I am sure Google considered it, so I am really curious how they are
> going to solve it.

Of course they consider this. Read the "CONNECTION ESTABLISHMENT and
RESUMPTION" section of their design document [1]. If you're familiar
with TCP Fast Open, many of its techniques are reused.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RNHkx_VvKWyWg6Lr8SZ-saqsQx7rFV-ev2jRFUoVD34/edit

--
Darius Jahandarie