Are undersea cables tapped before they get to ISP's? [was Re: Security over SONET/SDH]

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 19:24:50 UTC 2013

On 6/25/13, Warren Bailey <wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com> wrote:
> Is there a realistic way to deal with dropped packets in that situation? I
> would think packet loss could get really messy.. ;)

As you know this is not such a problem for UDP streams however, we
have not worked out all the bugs for services that run on TCP. Oh yeah
it's messy!!! You know it brings a different set of challenges (i.e.,
PITA, Pamela Anderson). It's a tuff world out there guys....

We are however trying to conform to RFC standards as pointed out by
Jev. You guys really need to look at this. It's easily implementable:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149

N.