Security over SONET/SDH

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Jun 24 20:19:03 UTC 2013

------------ joelja at bogus.com wrote: ------------
From: joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com>

> That's why I'm trying to follow up on the original question.  Is
> there something similar the global public can use to secure their
> connections that is not government designed.  This is even more
> important on microwave shots when security is desired.

:: plenty of standardized RF link-layers support strong encryption.

Ah, thanks.  That comment gave me the the search terms I needed,
but I keep seeing sentences like this "Due to the encryption
employed in these products, they are export controlled items and
are regulated by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the
U.S. Department of Commerce. They may not be exported or shipped
for re-export to restricted countries..."  wheee! :-)

scott