PDU recommendations

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:09:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:02:27 -0400, Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com>
wrote:
> (knock on wood) nothing in the
> last 6-7 years has caused an outage.

APC's are what I've grown to love... mostly because they're cheap and
plentiful (eBay!) The only issue I've had with them is "flash corruption";
sometimes they have to be reprogrammed after a power outage.  I'm using
metered PDUs so it never effects the servers.

But I also have a set of ServerTech dual-feed units. The full monty of DC
features. (in fact, what a number of colo providers use.)  I've not used
them in years, 'tho -- lack of facilities to power them. (the electrician
got a little happy cutting out old wiring in the current office and killed
the two existing L6-30 drops.  everything else is L21-20.)