Security over SONET/SDH

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Jun 24 19:55:56 UTC 2013

----- william.allen.simpson wrote: -----
And at $189,950 MSRP, obviously every ISP is dashing out the door
for a pair for each and every long haul fiber link. ;-)

It's the same as buying, say, .nanog...  >;-)

From: Glen Turner <gdt at gdt.id.au>
On 23/06/2013, at 1:21 PM, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> What security protocols are folks using to protect SONET/SDH?
> At what speeds?

"Excuse me NSA, can I have export approval for one KG-530 SDH
encryptor?" What are the odds :-)

And how would we know that the "export model" isn't simply
providing a more convenient backdoor for the NSA?

That's why I'm trying to follow up on the original question.  Is
there something similar the global public can use to secure their
connections that is not government designed.  This is even more
important on microwave shots when security is desired.

scott