/25's prefixes announced into global routing table?

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Sat Jun 22 20:16:08 UTC 2013

On 22-06-13 17:30, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Looking at the number of autonomous systems in the IPv6 routing table and the total number of routes, it looks like it will shake out somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 prefixes/ASN. Since there are ~35,000 unique ASNs in the IPv4 table, I figured simple multiplication provided as good an estimate as any at this early time.

Deaggregating of IPv4 announcements is done for traffic engineering and
to fight ddoses (just the attacked /24 stops being announced to
internet). I think some people will just copy their v4 habits into v6
and then we might have explosion of /48's.
I wouldn't be so sure about just 3-5 prefixes/ASN.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka