/25's prefixes announced into global routing table?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 22 15:30:43 UTC 2013

On Jun 22, 2013, at 12:48 PM, John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2013, at 1:45 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes… It will probably settle out somewhere around 100-125K routes.
>
> Owen -
>
>  Can you elaborate some on this estimate?  (i.e. what approximations
>  and/or assumptions are you using to reach this number?)
>
> Thanks!
> /John

Looking at the number of autonomous systems in the IPv6 routing table and the total number of routes, it looks like it will shake out somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 prefixes/ASN. Since there are ~35,000 unique ASNs in the IPv4 table, I figured simple multiplication provided as good an estimate as any at this early time.

Owen