This is a coordinated hacking. (Was Re: Need help in flushing DNS)

Bryan Irvine sparctacus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:10:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> > So it's okay to screw over "nearly fifty thousand" customer domains
> because
> > there are 140M .com's?
>
> luckily, none of the rest of us make mistakes

Ages ago I responded on a Cisco list where the topic was biggest screwup
you've made.  I posted that I once forgot the implicit deny in an ACL and
accidentally blocked all traffic between 4 locations in 2 states for a
company I was working for. Downtime was a very brutal 60 seconds. Someone
very insightful responded with "anyone who hasn't done similar is lying
about the 10 years on their resume".  So the real question would be, why
wasn't there someone who has already done this in the past working on this
zone? ;)

-B