This is a coordinated hacking. (Was Re: Need help in flushing DNS)

RijilV rijilv at riji.lv
Thu Jun 20 21:42:51 UTC 2013

On 20 June 2013 14:28, <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:08:18 -0700, Jeff Shultz said:
>
> > "small number of Network Solutions customers"
> >
> > They must be staffed with physicists, astronomers, or economists.... I
> > don't know anyone else that would consider "nearly fifty thousand" (from
> > a previous post by Phil Fagan) to be a small number.
>
> It's relatively small when you consider there's something like 140M .com's

So it's okay to screw over "nearly fifty thousand" customer domains because
there are 140M .com's?  When talking about inadvertently effecting that
many folks I don't think it is appropriate to trivialize the customer
impact by calling it small when you're talking about a handful of large
websites that aren't somehow magically shared over those 140M .coms.  Also
it is untrue to limit it to only "the websites" given how many other things
folks are likely to be using DNS for...

.r'