Network Vendor suggestions/reviews, Arista Networks, Dell Force10, Juniper, Extreme Networks etc...

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:56:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Blake Pfankuch - Mailing List
<blake.mailinglist at pfankuch.me> wrote:
> Let me also clarify, Price per port is not the final deciding factor.  We are looking much more at a combination of daily operational sanity, troubleshooting features, operational feature set, vendor support quality and price.
>
> Support is absolute key.  When we need help, we need help quickly and knowledgeable support.  The name checkpoint comes to mind when I think of something I DON’T want for support quality.  It also causes nausea…
>
> Thanks,
>
> Blake

I would say Force10 support is very good, especially in bay area that
their HQ is locally here. Most of our questions can be addressed
within only few days even in one day. That probably because our
environment is too simple? Layer-2 TOR S4810, Layer-3 Core Z9000, runs
OSPF and VLT (multiple chassis LAG, this is something like Cisco
VPC/VSS.)