recommended outdoor enclosures

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jun 17 19:36:15 UTC 2013

I'm in need of my first free-standing, pad-mounted outdoor enclosure,
19" rack rails, 12-18 rack units, with about 400W of heat load inside,
for use in the Massachusetts climate.  What do people recommend as far
as contruction, cooling/heating options, NEMA ratings, security
options, etc. for this use?

I was hoping to keep the inside temperature between 50 and 85 degrees
Fahrenheit, although my worst-case components are rated for 41 to 104
F (4 - 40 C).  If a full mechanical A/C system can be avoided, even
better.  A thermo-electric cooler would be nice.

Thanks.