GoDaddy DNS contact

Erik Levinson erik.levinson at uberflip.com
Fri Jun 14 18:37:28 UTC 2013

Hello,

Unfortunately we have some domains where GoDaddy is used as the
registrar and primary DNS, with secondary DNS provided by another provider.

I've been e-mailing back and forth with GoDaddy support for over three
days because for the apex of one domain their authoritative name servers
are returning an extra A record which is not visible in their zone
editor UI. This extra A record causes a GoDaddy "parking" page to be
shown when browsing to the root of the domain.

I'm sending them something that looks like this:

$ dig +short THEDOMAINGOESHERE @pdns01.domaincontrol.com
WHAT-I-ACTUALLY-CONFIGURED
50.63.202.40

They refuse to acknowledge that there's a problem and suggest we remove
the secondary DNS provider because, according to them, the secondary DNS
is what's randomly adding a GoDaddy parking service A record.

I'm not including the actual domain above because we have private
registration on it and it's used for an unbranded part of our service
for resellers.

If anyone knows a GoDaddy contact who could help, I'd appreciate getting
the info.

Thanks

--
Erik Levinson